The end of the year is usually devoted to reviewing the activities in the passing year and projecting into the future. It is more of a tradition and many people do it involuntarily. It is highly acknowledged that this action helps to shape the coming year for everyone who is serious at making tangible progress in life.
The word of God advises that people should not do this without bringing God into it. James 4 13 -16 says, “Pay attention to this! You’re saying, “Today or tomorrow we will go into some city, stay there a year, conduct business, and make money.” You don’t know what will happen tomorrow. What is life? You are a mist that is seen for a moment and then disappears. Instead, you should say, “If the Lord wants us to, we will live and carry out our plans.” However, you brag because you’re arrogant. All such bragging is evil.” (GWT) When we make plans for the future without considering things that are outside our control, it is like doing a guess work and gambling. One of the things we don’t have a control over is life. There is nobody that can achieve anything without life. God is the giver of life.
Jeremiah 29:13, shows us how we can approach the issue of divine help. The following are some important things to do:
- We should seek God wholeheartedly.
- It must be a conscious and diligent effort.
- It should be done prayerfully and with the word of God as a guide.
- It should be done meditatively and in humility.
- It should be done with gratitude and fortitude.
- It should be done with sincerity and consideration for other people.
- It must be done with faith and expectation.
Heb.11:6, says “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” (NIV)
Jer. 29:14a, is very exciting to me. God says, “I will let you find me.” It means that God is ready to meet with you. He is waiting for you to come. He is willing to help you.
God bless you.
- What Does The Future Hold? – Seek The Mind of God (holyspiritcomfort.com)
- What Faith Can Do In Our Lives, Especially When Ill (chronicillnesspaindevotionals.wordpress.com)
- Our Dependance Must Be In The Lord! (pilgrimpassing.com)